Saturday 23 March 2013

Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipcolor - Coral Pink


Hello Everyone!!
Today I am going to review Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture ExtremeLipcolor lipstick in Coral pink.
Price :220/- for 4 gms
Company Claims : 
Get the lip look you love. Play around with our creative colors and gorgeous finishes. Fresh irresistible colors and moisturizing formulas give you the most stunning, soft and supple lips. Lip color so rich, so stunning… It’s sensational in 16 captivating shades. Fall in love with color, all over again: Crisp Color from pure color pigments. Creamy Feel, with a built in lip balm and SPF 15 for sun protection.
Directions for Use :
1. Apply your lipstick by starting in the center of your lip.
2. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip for a gorgeously perfect finish.

My Experience :
As I am very fond of pink lipsticks, I buy them often. Coral pink was an experiment for me as I never bought any “Coral” colors before. I was quite excited to try it from the very moment I bought it. I bought it from violetbag.com
Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipcolor – Coral Pinklipstick comesin a neon orange colored bullet. The packaging is quite sturdy and travel friendly. The lipstick bullet is of medium size and we need to twist it for the product to come up for usage like all other lipstick bullets. And at the bottom, the name & number of the shade is printed on a sticker which is pasted at the bottom.
Coming to the shade Coral Pink, it is a beautiful coral color which is pinkish in color. The formula of this lipstick is creamy and it glides on smoothly on lips. It is a very moisturising lipstick. You wouldn’t need a lip balm while you put this lipstick on. I personally never needed any lip balm while using it. Since I have quite dry lips, I tend to apply lip balms either before or after applying lipstick but with this I don’t need any lip balm. It has got a very good pigmentation, I am quite impressed with it. One swipe easily covers the pigmented lips and 2-3 swipes build up a beautiful coral pink color on lips. It would suit medium-fair skinned beauties very well.
It has got a medium staying power i.e. it last for about  2-2.5 hours with mild snacks in between. And with heavy meals it completely disappears from lips. It doesn’t settle into fine lines after fading away from lips. There are other brands which are of the same price range but they tend to settle in fine lines on lips and are not even as creamy as this but Maybelline scores great points here! After about 2.5 hours, it completely disappears from the lips leaving neither any tint/stain nor fine lines behind. I am completely in love with it! I heard that there are possibilities of growth of fungus on it but I bought it almost a year ago and I didn’t find any kind of fungal growth on it, it’s still intact. However, I really wish that it had longer staying power as frequent touch ups are always not possible for everyone!
Here I had swatched it on my lips :
Pros of the Product :
  1. Its reasonably priced.
  2. The formula is quite creamy.
  3. It is very moisturising, one wouldn’t need any lip balm while using it.
  4. The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.
  5. Great pigmentation – One swipe easily covers up the pigmented lips and 2-3 swipes easily build a beautiful color on your lips.
  6. It doesn’t settle into fine lines.
  7. It has got SPF15.
Cons of the Product :
  1. Less staying power i.e. about 2-2.5 hours with mild snacks in between.
  2. Possibility of growth of fungus on it, though personally I didn’t observe the same with my lipstick which is almost a year old.
Apart from these I don’t find any problem with this product.
Final Verdict : Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipcolor inCoral Pink shade is a beautiful “Coral pink”  color which is reasonably priced and the formula is quite creamy and moisturising. It has got great pigmentation, one swipeeasily covers the pigmented lips and 2-3 swipes build up a beautiful color on lips. The formula is very moisturising that you wouldn’t need a lip balm underneath. It looks beautiful even when a clear gloss is topped over it. However it lasts only about 2-2.5 hours. It suits well to medium-fair skinned beauties. I would highly recommend this to everyone!
Rating : 4.6/5
Tell me below which is your favourite Coral color??

No comments:

Post a Comment